COVID-19 Update from Harmony
In response to the resurgence of COVID-19 cases throughout Chicago, we want you to know Harmony is as committed and prepared as ever to continue protecting our community.
From the beginning of this pandemic, we’ve been strictly following the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health and Cook County guidelines and are taking every precaution possible to keep everyone safe, including:
- Routinely testing all short-term patients, long-term residents and staff for COVID-19.
- Monitoring all staff for symptoms before and during their shift. We’re also fully equipping all staff members with the latest personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Strict social distancing and enhanced hygiene, laundry and housekeeping precautions, including frequent disinfecting of high-touch surfaces with EPA-approved cleaning materials.
- Providing a separate isolation wing in the event any patient will be either confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19. We’re also quarantining all new admissions from the hospital in a private room for 14 days.
- Providing both in-person and telemedicine physician visits to further help prevent unnecessary contact and to ensure care is delivered in the safest possible way.
If you have any questions or if there’s anything you’d like to discuss, please call me any time.
Arthur Hollander, AdministratorBack